Monday, February 18, 2013

zigzag

ive been really trying to look for different things to offer my clients lately. ive fallen in love with Japanese nail art and have taken some inspiration from some people that i follow on instagram, but not everyone is adventurous enough to try out some of the beautifully intricate and innovative designs, and hey, thats okay! now, i know that the 'tape mani' isnt new to the nail world by any means. but, its new to me and my clients and i really wanted to give it a try.

ive tried it with gel polish, regular polish, and now acrylic paint and i think ive found the perfect match. i had my beautiful niece in for her nails last week and told her she was going to be my guinea pig mwahahaha! of course, she was up for it and this is what we came up with:


remember that i had mentioned that i found the perfect match? well, i meant that acrylic paint truly worked best for me when doing this design. i tried, and tried, and tried (and tried some more) to do this with gel polish and it just didnt work. the acrylic paint was thick enough that it stayed where i put it, and if it did seep underneath the tape, i was able to go back after with my polish corrector pen and clean up any edges :) ... which leads me to this:



i hadn't made a video in quite some time and thought this would be perfect to do because it can be done on both natural nails and nail enhancements.. who doesn't love versatility?! i also made a pictorial that i uploaded to my instagram -but- im going to do another post after this with the pictorial here as well :) if anyone tries out this zigzag mani, be sure to send me a picture *or link to the picture* 'cause id love to see it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! thank you so much for reading my blog!
leave me a comment, and i'll be sure to answer back :)
i also follow back, too!
have a beautiful day, ♥natasha