Saturday, July 28, 2012

Birthday BBQ

our little family
Well, today was the big family BBQ. There was around 25-28 of us and enough food to feed an army! Dad and France made some delicious homemade food and France made two cakes: The Crunchie Cake and Carrot Cake. It came time for dessert and to my surprise, there were candles on the Crunchie cake for me! My birthday is in 2 weeks and we wont be here to celebrate with my family here so they all sang happy birthday to me in French and English :) I blew out my candles and again wished for many wonderful things..
day 5: birthday bbq
My Grandmaman made me a beautiful baby blanket, booties and a hat. No, we arent expecting a baby any time soon, but she made them for all the older grandchildren and its something that i will cherish for always. It was so nice having all of my family in one place at the same time. Jev gets along so well with every one of them and they all commented on how funny he was and what a nice guy he is. I knew that they would love him as much as i do :) We got to spend time with everyone, play a few games of 'washers' and then sit around the campfire after dinner and roast marshmallows. My family even got together and taught Jev how to say "Tu est belle, mon amour. Je t'aime" which means "You are beautiful, my love. I love you". How cute is that?! i just cant get over how much i love this place, and how much we love being here. Vacation is flying by and we are making sure to really enjoy the rest of our time here because it will be gone in the blink of an eye.

after he spoke to me in french :)
Tomorrow, we are visiting one of my favorite places in Quebec: Old Quebec! Cobblestone streets, buildings with no spaces between them, French Bistro's everywhere you look and french music filling the streets.. when youre there it feels like youre in Europe. Its so romantic, and im glad i get to show Jev the place i talk about whenever i mention Quebec.



No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! thank you so much for reading my blog!
leave me a comment, and i'll be sure to answer back :)
i also follow back, too!
have a beautiful day, ♥natasha