Thursday, February 23, 2012

DYI = Dangerous

Recently at work, I was scanning through YouTube videos and stumbled upon something that infuriated me. I'm not usually one to gripe about the stupidity of people.. heck, usually I just grit my teeth and bear it, but when I came across this video instructing people on how to do their own fills at home, my eye began to twitch. 




Times are tough - I get it. But instructing people who have had little to NO training to do their own nails at home is dangerous. Now.. instructing someone who has never touched acrylic before to do their own fill is bad enough, but to go ahead and tell people they can purchase an electric file on eBay and go ahead and use it at home, unsupervised and untrained makes my blood pressure spike and my eye feel like its twitching 90 miles an hour. How irresponsible for a professional to tell someone without any training or knowledge to do something like this. Using an e-file on yourself when you know how to use it safely and properly is difficult enough, but can you imagine the poor souls who attempted this with their very own 'professional' e-file from eBay of all places?! SERIOUSLY?! After watching the video, venting very quietly to myself, then showing my business partner *who turned out to be just as angry as me* I scrolled down to find that the creator of the video had disabled comments on her lovely little YouTube-diddy. surprise, surprise. I understand she was trying to create a helpful how-to.. but really, lady? really? sigh.. 

-Hugs; tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! thank you so much for reading my blog!
leave me a comment, and i'll be sure to answer back :)
i also follow back, too!
have a beautiful day, ♥natasha