Sunday, January 29, 2012

January Favorites*

I've decided to do a post either at the end of or near the end of each month, showcasing some of the favourite sets of nails of done that month. This month is a mishmash of different things - but nonetheless these are by far my fav's for January!




-Carrie's Bouquet-
this set is simple yet elegant. I custom mixed a purple sparkle acrylic and sculpted all 10 fingers.
Filed and finished as I normally would, then applied my FAVOURITE top coats: INM Total Eclipse & INM Out The Door (O.T.D) for a high-gloss shine. I then went back and sculpted these 3D flowers out of INM's Cotton Sheets *from their Spring Fever collection* and added the bouillon's for that added elegance. This was my first time attempting to do a 5 petal flower - it's simple, but it's still 5 petals! 

-Jane of the Jungle-
one of my weaknesses: leopard print. I've always used a Konad stamp to get the effect and was never brave enough to try my own hand at creating the fab spots. This month I took a whirl at it and this was the result - and I have to say I'm quite happy with the result! I just can't get enough of these!

 -N.Y.E-
these weren't a first for me. I do alot of this style of nail in our salon. 'Bling Nails' as we like to call them, are what we're known for. This was a set for a friend of mine for New Years Eve. The perfect mix of black and silver is dramatic enough for New Years, but wearable enough until her next fill. Since I did these on her, we've had numerous clients come in and ask for this set!

-Helloooooo, Kitty!-
these cutesy little things are mine - and I'm lovin 'em! I've always wanted to have a feature nail of Hello Kitty's cute little face, and now I've got it! I did try to do something similar to these when I was fresh out of nail school, and her face did not look like it does on this set hahaha. From the pink sparkly acrylic, to the bubble gum pink polka dots, iridescent inlays and the 3D bow - I think even Hello Kitty herself would be proud to rock these!


The year has just begun and already I've done so many neat sets of nails. The next 11 months hold so much potential and I couldn't be more excited! With the Spa Esthetique show coming up in 3 weeks, I know the nail art we'll be picking up is going to be out of control. I'm going to hopefully be making a vlog of that whole day from beginning to end and I'll do a blog featuring my vlog... did you get that? hahahaha. And I'm expecting to get those stamping plates I ordered a couple weeks ago in the mail sometime this week, so when I get them I'll post some pictures! 


-Hugs; tasha


No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! thank you so much for reading my blog!
leave me a comment, and i'll be sure to answer back :)
i also follow back, too!
have a beautiful day, ♥natasha